Do your eyes look tired and have bags? Do you want to soften bags under the eyes?
The skin around our eyes is very thin, about 300 to 800 microns, and has barely sebaceous glands. Over the years, chemicals and wear and tear on our skin and make it look dark.
Dark circles or under the eyes appear when there is a blockage in the collagen and elastin fibers. As a result, our skin becomes even thinner and changes color.
- People with genetic predisposition are more likely to suffer from bags under the eyes.
- Respiratory diseases such as asthma, sinusitis or allergies can irritate the skin and cause the blood to melt under the eyes.
- When a person has circulatory problems, the blood vessels tend to dilate and the skin becomes thinner.
- People with darker skin accumulate more pigment under the eyes.
- Similarly, dark circles may appear when there are hormonal irregularities, fluid retention or during pregnancy.
Some of the risk factors for this condition include:
- Stress: Stress causes a person to lose the elasticity of the skin and the ability to regenerate the skin.
- Constipation: Irregularity in the intestine is a sign that the body is not getting the necessary fluid and fiber.
- Dehydration: When the body is not properly hydrated and exposed to high temperatures, it is very harmful to your skin.
- Iron deficiency: Iron is important for the production of hemoglobin, which is responsible for the oxygenation of cells.
- Smoking: Tobacco not only accelerates aging, but also changes your skin tone and reduces collagen production.
Here are some natural face masks to soothe bags under the eyes:
Eye mask with apples to soften bags under the eyes
Apples are rich in antioxidants, which allow the cells to regenerate and hydrate and soften bags under the eyes.
- 1 apple
- 1 cup water (200 ml)
- Boil the water and then add the apple.
- Take the apple out when it is soft and mash it with a fork until you get a puree.
- After that, let it cool.
- Rinse face well and apply the puree evenly under the eyes with gentle circular motions while moist.
- Wait 5 minutes and then rinse.
Eye mask with carrot and olive oil to soothe bags under the eyes
Carrots are rich in antioxidants and beta carotene. This means that it protects the skin from the sun’s rays. On the other hand, olive oil moisturizes and restores the skin’s glow.
- 1 carrot
- 1 tbsp olive oil (15 g)
- The first thing you need to do is peel and grate the carrot.
- Put it in the blender and add olive oil.
- Mix until you make a homogeneous paste.
- Clean your face well and apply the cream on the bags.
- Let it work for 20 minutes.
- Finally, rinse with cold water.
Eye mask with avocado and olive oil to soothe bags under the eyes
Avocados slow down aging, beautify the skin because it restores tissue and moisturizes the area. Meanwhile, almond oil has fatty acids that fight dark circles.
- Avocado mass
- 6 drops of almond oil
- First put the avocado in a container and mash it.
- Then add the 6 drops of almond oil.
- Mix until both ingredients are completely mixed.
- Wash your face and apply the mixture under the eyes.
- Let it work for 10 minutes.
- After the 10 minutes, rinse your face.
- Clean the eyelids before going to bed.
- Use a special moisturizer for the eyes in the morning and in the evening.
- Use sunscreen every day.
- Try sleeping on your back so that the fluids can drain out.
- Exercise to have good circulation.
- Eat more fruits and vegetables to prevent water retention.
- Reduce salt intake.
- Avoid stressful situations because cortisol causes poor blood circulation.
- Drink at least 2 liters of water a day to maintain fluid balance.
Remember that having bags under your eyes is not just an aesthetic problem. Your body also tells you that something is wrong, and you should listen to avoid serious consequences, especially if these bags mean you have poor circulation.