Tomatoes are one of the most consumed vegetables in the world. This is not only because they taste good, but also because of how nutritious they are. Beauty treatments with tomatoes offer new ways to take care of your skin and hair.
First, beauty treatments with tomatoes stand out from the rest because of the lycopene content. This is a composition that gives them the characteristic red color, and also acts as an antioxidant.
In addition, beauty treatments with tomatoes have a high water content. In addition, tomatoes contain vitamins, minerals and fiber.
We use them in soups, sauces, many different recipes, and not least in juices.
But they do even more when used in beauty treatments. After all, tomatoes can be used for both hair and skin.
Below will therefore show you 5 ways you can use beauty treatments with tomatoes.
Give it a try!
Mask to fight acne
Tomatoes help the skin to contract, which reduces excessive oil production, and thus helps against pimples and blackheads.
Vitamin A, vitamin C and lycopene help regulate the skin’s pH, which helps minimize the small spots.
- 1 ripe tomato
- 1 tablespoon oats (10 g)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (20 ml)
- Put the tomato in a blender and mix it well with the oats and lemon juice.
- If it gets too thick, add a little water until it becomes creamy and free of lumps.
- In the evening after removing the makeup, apply the mask over your face and let it work for 20 minutes.
- Rinse with suitable warm water and repeat this 3 times a week.
2. Hair strength treatment
Tomato antioxidants are great for revitalizing hair that has been misused by coloring, too much heat and other environmental factors.
It strengthens the hair fibers, and helps to improve circulation in the scalp. This will prevent excessive hair loss.
- The juice from 2 ripe tomatoes
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (15 g)
- Juice the tomatoes and mix the juice with the avocado and coconut oil.
- Divide your damp hair into sections and apply the mixture from the roots to the ends of the hair.
- Cover your hair with a shower cap and let it work for 20 minutes.
- Rinse and use it at least once a week.
3. Exfoliating beauty treatments
Due to the natural acids found in them, tomatoes are a natural way to remove dead skin cells that accumulate.
We suggest that you combine them with a little oatmeal, to create a 100% natural face mask.
- 2 ripe tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons oatmeal (30 g)
- Mash the tomatoes and mix them with oatmeal.
- For a smoother blend, run it in a blender.
- Apply the mixture over the areas you want to exfoliate and make gentle, circular massaging movements for better absorption.
- Let it work for 10 minutes, then rinse it off with water.
- Repeat this twice a week.
4. Emollient and protective hand cream
Tomato juice plus glycerol turns into a wonderful cream to keep your hands soft, moist and free of premature signs of aging.
These ingredients contain antioxidants and amino acids. Once absorbed, they support cellular renovation processes.
- 1 ripe tomato
- 2 tablespoons liquid glycerol (20 ml)
- Mash the tomato and mix it with liquid glycerol until it has a thick and even shape.
- Lubricate the product over your hands and let it rest for 20 minutes.
- Rinse and repeat this at least 3 times a week.
5. Varicose vein treatment with tomatoes
Applying tomatoes to the skin can actually help remove varicose veins from your legs.
The nutrients cause the blood to flow again in the affected area, and as if that were not enough, it also minimizes inflammation.
- 3 ripe tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp aloe vera gel (15 g)
- Mash the tomatoes and mix the juice with the apple cider vinegar and aloe vera jelly.
- Apply the treatment over the areas affected by varicose veins and let it work for 40 minutes.
- Rinse and repeat this 3 to 5 times a week.
Did you know that tomatoes can be used this way? If you want to save money and look good, you can look forward to trying these natural beauty treatments.