Do you suddenly get a craving for sweets? Are you getting acutely hungry? Do you need to control your blood sugar? Do you want help preventing diabetes? If you do not have a significant disorder but you want to control your blood sugar level without resorting to medication, we recommend this effective natural solution. Here we will talk about how cinnamon and stevia in the form of tea can help you avoid future health problems.
Cinnamon is a fragrant spice extracted from the bark of the cinnamon tree. It has many benefits for your health, including:
- Digestive, antibiotic, expectorant and anti-inflammatory forces.
- It is also a powerful natural stimulant that gives you energy and warmth, and improves your libido without changing the nervous system and causing nervousness.
As we will highlight in this article, cinnamon is also an excellent means of controlling blood sugar. It is another natural treatment to prevent and control type 2 diabetes.
We recommend the Ceylon variety of cinnamon, if possible, as it is not only sweeter and more delicate than cassia, but probably has more medicinal properties.
In powdered form they are difficult to distinguish from each other, so try to get one that is labeled Cinnamomum zeylanicum or Cinnamomum verum.
Stevia is a plant that originally comes from Paraguay and is now known worldwide as the most natural and healthiest sweetener.
In addition, you can easily grow it at home or buy dried leaves or extract, depending on what you plan to use it for.
Stevia, which helps regulate blood sugar, also stands out for the following reasons:
- It is mildly hypotensive and ideal for people with higher than normal blood pressure or who get peaks once in a while.
- It has seven times more antioxidants than green tea.
- It is a mild water driver.
- It is an antacid and improves digestion.
- It heals and disinfects wounds and burns.
- It improves tooth enamel and prevents cavities in the teeth. Natural toothpaste includes it in its ingredients more and more.
Cinnamon and stevia to regulate blood sugar
To take advantage of cinnamon and stevia, you can make a delicious tea.
- Two teaspoons ground Ceylon cinnamon (6 g)
- Two teaspoons dried stevia leaves (10 g)
- Three cups of water (600 ml)
- First set the water to a boil and turn it off as soon as it starts to boil.
- Then put in both the medicinal plants and let it pull with the lid on for 10 minutes.
- Strain the mixture and the tea is ready!
More advice for cinnamon and stevia
To make this treatment of cinnamon and stevia even more effective, follow these daily guidelines:
- Have cinnamon in all types of recipes : cakes, desserts, ice cream, biscuits, meat stews, etc.
- Sweet desserts with stevia instead of other sweeteners for the same results.
There are two types of stevia: pure stevia, which is dark and has sugar-regulating powers, but also a strong taste similar to licorice, and refined stevia, which is clear and tasteless. However, refined stevia is always better than sugar or other sweeteners.
Always remember to eat foods rich in soluble fiber (fruits, vegetables, beans, whole grains). This type of fiber delays the absorption of carbohydrates, which reduces the response of insulin and the increase in blood glucose that occurs after eating.
Certain foods such as peas, watercress, wheat germ and brewer’s yeast also help regulate blood sugar.
Drink plenty of water, separate from meals : at least 7 glasses a day.
Eat several small meals a day, between 3 and 5, to keep your blood sugar levels more constant. Similarly, avoid large meals and going for too long without eating.
Follow these tips and enjoy this great natural remedy and you will be on your way to better blood sugar levels!