Your diet and lifestyle habits play an important role in your life – and digestion. Here are some tips and simple exercises that can help you get rid of gas naturally.
If someone asks you if you want to get rid of gas naturally, most people will give a resounding “yes” because gas is annoying and affects everyone to some degree. In this article, you will learn simple tips to free yourself from this ailment.
Gas is produced naturally in your body to break down ingested food. It can be minor, or it can be quite bad and produce very bad odors, which is the part that bothers most people more than anything else.
Types of gas and their causes
Gas can be produced in two ways. The first is related to an outburst or a rap, and the reasons are as follows:
- Eating too fast
- Chewing gum
- To swallow air
The second form of gas is generated in the lower part of the digestive system. Among foods that cause gas we find:
- Cabbage and similar vegetables
- Fruit (apples, grapes)
- Carbonated drinks
These foods often worsen the digestive system. Besides causing physical problems, they can also cause great embarrassment.
Exercises to get rid of gas
These exercises are simple and work for both adults and children. The most important thing is to keep the body moving so that the gas can move and be expelled.
Cycling is very popular with people of all ages. It can be done outdoors or on a stationary bike if you prefer; it all depends on how much time you have. The movements you make while cycling will activate the stomach which then expels gas. It is a natural way to get rid of gas, which is both fun and easy.
2. The child’s position
This pose is very useful if you want to get rid of gas – and quickly. You do this by sitting on your knees, bending your body forward and stretching your arms. Hold for 30 seconds.
- Another variation: lie on your back, lift your legs and bend your knees slightly. Grasp your feet with your hands and balance in this way for at least 30 seconds.
3. Move your hips
This exercise is very simple and is excellent for getting rid of gas.
- Lie down in a comfortable place with your knees slightly bent. Stretch your arms over your head.
- Twist your hips, moving your knees from one side to the other.
- Breathe calmly as you move. Move your legs without moving your torso or shoulders.
The Cobra position is an excellent yoga pose against gas. Just lie on a comfortable surface, face down. Support yourself on the tips of your toes and hands, place them under your shoulders.
- Stretch your arms as you inhale so that your chest gradually rises from the floor without moving the rest of your body.
- Pull your butt together at the same time. Hold this position for at least 30 seconds. Breathe through your nose.
5. The wheel
The wheel, or dhanurasana in yoga, is our last way to get rid of gas. As a plus, you will also strengthen your body. Yoga helps you expel gas produced by menstrual cramps as well.
To start this position, lay your head down with your arms outstretched on the sides of your body and your legs outstretched as well.
- Bend your knees, bring your feet forward so you can hold your ankles.
- Hold this position for a few seconds.
Spend some time doing these exercises and you will get rid of gas – along with the discomfort and embarrassment with it!