The main ingredient in golden milk is turmeric, a spice that is known all over the world due to its many health-promoting properties. The recipe for this powerful drink can vary, as long as turmeric remains the most important ingredient.
It can be prepared with cow’s milk or plant-based milk. The most important thing to know is that golden milk is very healthy and that it has countless benefits for the whole body.
What are the benefits of golden milk?
The active ingredient in golden milk is turmeric, which is rich in nutrients and a number of other healthy properties. Turmeric contains curcumin, polyphenols that can perform over 150 therapeutic functions, in addition to having antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and anti-carcinogenic properties. The effects of curcumin are similar to those of cortisone, but with the added benefit that curcumin does not cause any adverse side effects.
Turmeric is also known as a natural antibiotic, able to prevent infections, improve circulation, and loosen mucus – it is especially recommended for people suffering from constant colds, lung problems, fatigue, and more. This drink can help fight diseases and other health problems associated with arthritis and osteoarthritis, as well as other joint and muscle pain. It acts as a painkiller to reduce headaches and other ailments one can get from stress.
Drinking golden milk can reverse the onset of Alzheimer’s disease as the symptoms occur. It can also prevent cognitive impairment that is often associated with old age.
Other important benefits to remember:
- It has antioxidants, and also antiseptic and analgesic benefits.
- It strengthens the immune system and helps prevent disease.
- It fights cancer naturally.
- It helps control cholesterol levels and prevents arteries from becoming blocked.
- It is good for digestive health.
- It helps to cleanse and detoxify the liver.
- It regulates metabolism and contributes to weight loss.
- It can reduce high blood pressure.
- It is ideal for promoting good health for the brain and memory.
- It helps to get rid of any skin problems.
- It can help you with neurological disorders.
- It lowers triglyceride levels.
This recipe will also allow you to take advantage of the benefits of pepper, which contains an active ingredient called piperine. This simplifies the absorption of other active ingredients – especially turmeric in turmeric.
Golden milk can be drunk as a beauty care, because it is relaxing, refreshing, and helps prevent premature aging. It is especially recommended for healthy hair, because it prevents hair loss, fights dandruff, and relieves irritation of the scalp.
In addition to all the above things it will do, you can drink it before going to bed to make you want to be more relaxed when you sleep.
How do you make golden milk?
There are two basic steps you need to follow when making golden milk, and you will end up with a delicious drink that has countless health benefits.
Step 1. Prepare a “cream” of turmeric
- 30 grams of malt turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper (2.5 g)
- 125 ml of water
Here’s how to do it
Put all the ingredients in a small saucepan and heat them gently, stirring well until well blended. Be sure to stir frequently, until you get a thick mass. Then let this mixture cool, pour it into a jar and store it in the refrigerator.
Step 2. Prepare the golden milk
- 2.5 dl almond milk. You can also make it with soy or coconut milk. Cow’s milk is an alternative if you are not lactose intolerant.
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil (5 ml)
- 1/4 teaspoon “cream” of turmeric (1.25 g)
Here’s how to do it
Put all the ingredients except honey in a saucepan. Heat over medium heat while stirring until all the ingredients are well mixed. Remove from the heat before boiling. When it has cooled a bit, add honey (to taste) and enjoy this delicious drink.