Your hair is exposed to all sorts of things that can hinder healthy hair growth every single day, especially if you tend to shed a lot. It is so common and troublesome that the cosmetics industry has been looking for ways to combat it for years. Thus, conditioner, shampoo and a number of other products are developed to help repair damage and stimulate hair growth. However, many are quite expensive or contain chemicals that cause unwanted side effects on the scalp.
What many people forget is that there are actually 100% natural recipes with properties similar to commercial alternatives. They can even be better!
One of them is a moisturizing, rejuvenating hair mask with nutrients that will help you treat this problem while strengthening your hair.
Homemade hair mask to stimulate hair growth
The homemade mask we will elaborate below is a natural product that gathers the forces of ingredients such as shea butter and essential oils.
They give your hair a nutritional stimulation that will encourage healthy growth.
- It contains vitamins A and E, which are known to be rejuvenating antioxidants, which are ideal for minimizing damage caused by sun and toxins.
- It provides phytonutrients and essential fatty acids, which regulate the pH level of the scalp and help restore its natural hydration, especially when the activity of the sebaceous glands has been affected.
- The amino acids and minerals in this mask strengthen the hair fibers while preventing excessive hair loss and split ends.
- It is applied with a massage to improve blood flow to the hair follicles. This is a crucial factor for proper oxygen and nutrient delivery, which helps stimulate hair growth.
- It is great for people with dry hair, as it moisturizes deeply and helps to soften and protect the hair follicles to avoid damage.
- It should also be noted that this mask contains castor oil, known for its ability to make hair more voluminous and correct problems such as hair loss and dandruff.
How do I make this mask to stimulate hair growth?
It is easy to make this homemade hair mask, and you do not have to go out and buy expensive ingredients that are difficult to find. In fact, if you compare the price of this mask with its conventional commercial counterparts, you will see just how affordable it is. That said, try to get organic or 100% natural ingredients because refined varieties lack nutrients.
- 100 g shea butter
- 50 g sweet almond oil
- 50 g castor oil
- 5 drops of essential rosemary oil
- 10 drops of essential mint oil
- Heat-resistant container
- Airtight glass jar
- Hand mixer
- Put shea butter in the heat-resistant container and heat it in a water bath for a few minutes.
- Once it has melted, add almond and castor oil.
- Lower the heat and stir with a wooden spoon.
- Add essential oils and continue to mix for a minute.
- Remove from the heat, let rest for several minutes, and before it solidifies, pour into the glass jar.
- Leave the mixture in the fridge for a few hours, then whisk with a manual hand mixer to give it a creamy texture.
- Cover well and store in a cool place.
How to use it
- With damp hair, divide the hair into sections and apply the mask from the roots to the tips.
- Make gentle, circular massaging movements for 5 minutes to work it into the scalp, then cover all the hair with a shower cap.
- Leave on for 20-30 minutes and then use shampoo as usual.
- Repeat two or three times a week for best results.
Do you have problems with matte hair that grows slowly? Try this amazing natural mask and you will see that you do not have to spend a lot of money to stimulate your hair growth and get beautiful hair.
Remember that even if you do not see immediate results, you will see a noticeable difference after several uses.