Do you have neck pain? It is a true irritation that can occur due to poor sleep, spending too much time on the computer, or due to stress. Try these nine simple exercises to relieve neck pain!
Whatever the cause, swr can end up causing what seems like perpetual suffering. Fortunately, you do not always need to have surgery or medical procedures, because these exercises to relieve neck pain can be very helpful.
However, you need to be aware of it and be able to separate it from a single squeeze or an actual nerve injury, because the muscles are trying to return to their normal state.
If this is the case for you, do not hesitate to talk to your doctor.
But do not worry! The following exercises will help relieve your pain. They will contribute to flexibility and relaxation, and prevent muscles from tightening.
1. Good attitude
- Sit on the floor with your feet in a butterfly position. R yggen is going to be as straight as possible, and your shoulders should be relaxed.
- If for some reason it causes discomfort, try using a chair and lean back against the backrest.
- Without changing your posture, concentrate: inhale and exhale, exhale slowly three times.
- You will feel the air circulating through your chest before it comes out through your nose. Relax. Now is the time for you to feel the pain.
2. Shoulder lift to relieve neck pain
- Slowly rotate your shoulders back. Keep your position straight without losing your breathing technique.
- Inhale and exhale with each repetition.
- Perform between 10 and 15 repetitions, depending on your condition.
3. Neck rotations
- For this exercise, we recommend that you stand.
- With your back straight and focused on breathing in a controlled manner, rotate your neck slowly to the left.
- Do three repetitions and then shift to the right side. Repeat this twice.
4. Tilt your head
- For this exercise, use your left hand to gently tilt your head to the left, until your ear touches your shoulder.
- Hold this pose for 15 seconds.
- Repeat the same steps on the right side. Do seven repetitions on each side.
5. Bend your head
- Just as you did tilting your head above, you are now moving your head with your hand, but this time while looking down at your feet.
- Hold it like this for two seconds.
- Repeat 15 times.
6. The head tilted back
- Tilt your head back to look up at the ceiling while holding your breath. Inhale and exhale.
- Then slowly turn your head to the left, return to the center, and then to the right.
- Repeat this movement 15 times.
7. Handcuff position
- Keep your back straight. Grab your left hand with your right behind your back, as if you were handcuffed.
- Inhale and exhale slowly as you pull your hands to the right and tilt your head to the same side.
- Hold this position for 10 seconds and repeat these steps on the left side left.
- Repeat twice on each side.
8. Hands on your head
- With your head facing up and your back straight, place your hands over your head, one on top of the other.
- Stretch your neck slightly, lift your head, inhale and lift your left shoulder.
- Then, exhale and lower it.
- Do the same with the right shoulder. Five repetitions on each side is sufficient.
9. Hands behind your neck
- Put your hands behind your neck. Extend your arms to the sides, take a deep breath and lift your head.
- Hold that position for 10 seconds and exhale while lowering your head.
- Close your arms and let your elbows touch each other.
- Wait 10 seconds and separate your elbows.
- Inhale, lift your head and repeat. Do seven repetitions.
- Make sure you sleep on a firm mattress.
- If you are carrying something heavy, take precautions.
- Avoid sleeping on your stomach, as it can damage your vertebrae.
- Do not use pillows that are too thick.
- Do not forget to keep your attitude straight.
- Exercise physically to control stress levels and keep your muscles moving.
- Do not stay in the same position for long periods: If the job requires a lot of sitting or standing, get up often to stretch your muscles.
Note: Remember that these exercises to relieve neck pain are for advice only, so if your pain is persistent or intense, it is best to talk to your doctor. Do not test your body.