Who has not experienced having a sore throat? It is very painful and makes everyday life extremely uncomfortable. It often hurts to both talk and breathe.
Is there any way to relieve the pain? Of course. Follow the simple treatments described in this article the next time you have a sore and sore throat.
Remedies for sore throats
Sometimes you get a sore throat when transitioning to a new season. Other times it is the use of air conditioning that can cause sore throat. Maybe it’s because you are entering the winter season, but for whatever reason: do not overlook the symptoms.
A sore throat can be caused by bacteria, a virus or an injury. Some are more resistant than others. Some may require treatment with antibiotics. Other times, it may just take a few days off to get better.
Discover: 4 soups that can prevent colds
It is important to remember that our immune system is sometimes weaker, which in turn provides poorer protection against infections and other diseases. So always have a diet that gives you good overall health. In addition, we recommend that you try these remedies for sore throat:
1. Thyme, honey and lemon tea
Nothing is as simple and effective as these three ingredients combined. Thyme, for example, is a powerful antiseptic to fight bacteria. Honey has a healing property, reduces inflammation and is soothing for the whole throat.
By combining these three, you get a medicinal mixture that you can drink throughout the day. But how should this be prepared?
- Ha 2 tbsp. with fresh thyme in a saucepan with 1 liter of boiling water.
- Add juice from 1 lemon, as well as grated lemon peel from the same lemon.
- Boil these ingredients for 10 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the hob and wait for 10 minutes before straining the liquid.
- Drink this tea with 2 tbsp. honey throughout the day. You’ll get well.
2. Gargle with salt water
- Add 1 tablespoon of salt to 250 ml of water.
- Gargle this mixture once an hour, but do not swallow it. Just leave the mixture at the back of your throat for a few seconds before spitting, then repeat.
- Instead of salt, you can also use 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar or baking soda. All three of these ingredients will reduce inflammation, kill bacteria and effectively treat your sore throat.
Garlic: Nature’s best antibiotic
Everyone knows that garlic is nature’s most powerful antibiotic, and you can get it anywhere. It is effective, healthy and has no negative side effects. So why not try this next time you have a throat infection. Here are the steps:
- Crush a clove of garlic and put it in half a cup of water that you then drink.
- You can do this twice a day. Of course, the smell of garlic will affect your spirit, but it is still worth giving it a try. You will feel better much faster.
4. Compress with chamomile tea
This treatment is applied as a moist compress to the sore throat. In this way, the inflammation is reduced and provides some relief. Follow these steps:
- Make chamomile tea by adding 3 tablespoons of chamomile in a cup of boiling water.
- When the chamomile tea is ready, strain the water into a bowl, soak a towel or cloth in the liquid and place next to the neck as a compress.
- Repeat this process when the compress has lost heat. Ideally, you get approx. 20 minutes of treatment each time.
Feel free to read: 9 foods that will strengthen your immune system
5. Turmeric and green tea
This is a simple and effective treatment. The combination of green tea and turmeric will reduce the inflammation and make the infection go away faster.
- Make green tea as usual. When the water boils, add half a teaspoon of turmeric.
- When the mixture has soaked for approx. 5 minutes, add a little honey (for sweetening) before drinking it. You are guaranteed to feel better.
6. Get enough rest
Your body fights an inflammation. The only way it can continue to do that is with a good immune system that you get with a lot of rest. So make sure you get a good night’s sleep. It does not hurt to sleep a little extra and you will get better faster!
When you are sick, you should sleep between 10 and 11 hours a day, so make sure to take a nap every now and then and get enough sleep through the night to get better. You will find that you will feel more and more like yourself again.